ARKs in the Open - Project Update #2
Submitted by on Thu, 2018-03-08 12:35
As part of the Archival Resource Keys (ARKs) in the Open project, we want to articulate and refine the long-term vision for ARK identifiers, starting with the ARK specification, and to collaborate with users on how to achieve it. Incubators of ARKs at the California Digital Library started the process this week by releasing a new Project Vision:
- We provide high-quality, affordable identifiers, supporting today’s and tomorrow’s scholarship.
- We collaborate with libraries, archives, museums, publishers, research institutes, data centers, and educational institutions.
- We work openly to help the world to know itself through time by providing long-term access to global cultural and scientific heritage.
The new vision statement is published here on our wiki, http://bit.ly/2FrCpSe, and on our mailing list: http://bit.ly/2FE5k9m. Let us know what you think by commenting on the wiki page or signing up for the ARK mailing list.
In addition, the ARKs in the Open project is very proud to have attracted interest and support from the following organizations in North America and Europe:
- Bibliothèque nationale de France
- The British Library
- University College Dublin
- University of Houston Libraries
- University of Maryland
- University of North Texas
- National Center for Atmospheric Research
Do you want to be part of defining the vision and future for the ARKs in the Open project? You can say so by filling out our expression of interest form, http://bit.ly/2C4fU8f.